General foot care Mckellars Park, 2790
General foot care may involve corn and callus removal, wart treatment and managing ingrown toe nails. However, the most common thing that is carried out in a general foot care appointment is toe nail cutting.
Why would a podiatrist cut toe nails?
- The patient cannot reach their feet
- The patient has diabetes or another medical condition affecting their feet and has been advised to have professional foot care by their GP.
- The patient has ingrown nails which are difficult to cut and manage
- The patient has damaged thickened nails which need professional care.
What should you expect when getting your toes nails cut by a podiatrist at Blue Mountains Podiatry?
- The podiatrist will gently trim your nails with a special set of sterile clippers. This is usually pain free.
- The side of the nail bed called the sulci is then cleared thoroughly of debris.
- A specialised nail drill is used to file back the nails making them smooth and any thickness is reduced.
- You will then leave feeling much more comfortable.
- A treatment will usually take between 20 and 30 minutes depending on the individual’s needs.
To make an appointment to see one of Blue Mountains Podiatry’s expert therapists call our Faulconbridge Podiatry Clinic on 02 4751 7583, our Katoomba Podiatry Clinic on 02 4782 6169, our Blaxland Podiatry Clinic on 02 4702 0221, or our Lithgow Podiatry Clinic on 02 6352 5685.